Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Obsessions of Life

So I have some new obsessions as of late and I thought it would be fun to share.

1. Elvis Presley and Billy Joel music - Seriously, these guys are amazing! Today's music stinks! You cannot beat the classics!

2. Stalking the lives of my family members - Since my excursion with my friend Karli to the Festival of Colors and like activities I have really begun missing my family even more so than normal. I blame this on the fact that Karli has a little sister the same age as Amy and I got to watch a friend of Karli's and his sister interact with each other. They are close in age just like Scott and I and it made me miss him even more!

3. Movies from my childhood - I have been watching Disney movies that I watched as a kid and tonight I even watched "Three Men and a Baby." I love that movie!!

4. My new fish - I bought two new ones. There names are Marlo and Jimmy. Marlo is white and orange and cost me 27 cents and Jimmy is all white and cost 13 cents. I really wanted Gus-Gus to have some friends that could hopefully cure him of his idiocy. So far it's working, but it's only been a day.

5. Something Broken - It's a band. A great band. Made up of probably the coolest musicians EVER. I was BLOWN away by their music. Basically they are the most talented human beings I have ever heard. Yep. Oh did I mention that I'm a member? And that all of our instruments are cheap Walmart instruments from the toy section? Get ready world, here we come!

6. Movie lines - Kenzie and I have been memorizing as many movie lines as we can and we insert them into our lives as often as possible. It's like a little inside joke between just the two of us and it's always fun!

7. The semester ending - I can't wait! I get to go home where it's warm. And I get to see my family. And I don't have to go to school. And then I get to go to New York!

8. Peach cobbler and breakfast food - This weekend we are having lots of both of these accompanied by a roommate sleepover and lots of girl talk/movies/and fun! I love conference weekend!!

9. Dixie Chicks - I love them! I used to listen to them with my dad all the time when I was younger. I brought them back into my life recently and they are so great! "Wide Open Spaces" is basically amazing!

10. Writing Twilight parodies to all my choir songs - So basically all of our choir songs have boring or super sad/depressing lyrics or they are in German or Shakespeare so you can't understand what they mean. So to make the class more enjoyable, Sara and I have decided to turn all of our songs into Twilight parodies. It keeps us laughing and makes our director think that we like the songs. Win, win!

So those are my obsessions as of late. They will probably change soon, as they always do. Welcome to the life of me! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! WOOT WOOT for Twilight parodies! Also we need to talk Elvis sometime!

    ReplyDelete