Saturday, January 22, 2011

Roommate Girls Night

How do you throw the perfect girls night? This was the question that ran through the minds of my roommates Kristy, Mackenze, and I last night. I decided to Google girls night essentials. Google said:

Things You'll Need:

  • cups
  • pitcher
  • alcohol
  • soda
  • chick flick
....um yeah. The alcohol part didn't really fly but we figured this was a good start.

Next step: Walmart run. Kristy and I went to Walmart to pick up the needed girls night items. We spent about $25 on candy, Orange Julius ingredients, ice cream, and cookies. Good start? We thought so. Were we done yet? No way! When we got back to the apartment we decided that we needed a good movie and pizza. While Kristy was chatting on the phone, Mackenzie and I went on the search for the "movie." What movie you may ask? Mama Mia, of course!! After a few stops, we found it. Movie - check. Pizza - ________. Lucky for us, USU gives out coupon books to the students. And guess what one of the most common coupons is for..... Pizza! Perfect? Yes. So we went through the coupons and picked our perfect match. Fox's Den Pizza. One large pizza, breadsticks, and a 20 oz. fountain drink for $9.99. Here is where we encountered our first problem. Who would call the pizza place to make our order? ....turns out it was me. [random side note: I HATE calling people on the phone.....] So after one of the most awkward phone conversations of my life we had the pizza ordered. 35 minutes to wait. Now what do we do? Break out the drinks! I must admit, I make a killer Orange Julius. We even rimmed our glasses with sugar to make them look fancy. Yummy!! *knock on the door* Pizza is here!! I hope the delivery man is cute!! .....nope. Let's just say that I didn't find my prince charming that night. With pizza in hand, now it's really time to party! We start the girls night playlist and eat more calories than should be allowed. We watched Mama Mia and Stardust. And by the time these two movies were finished, it was about two in the morning. Guess what we did next.... yep, we went to bed. Our girls night wasn't an all-nighter but I think it was still a great success!! Thanks girls!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha this sounds awesome you guys are awesome much love DACY!!!

    ReplyDelete