Saturday, July 14, 2012

#5. 3 Fears

20 Til I'm 20:  #5. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and how they became fears.

Some of these fears that I have may be legitimate but they are also a bit irrational, but, they are still fears nonetheless.

#1.  This fear has to do with my feet.  I blame this fear on Disneyland's "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" 4D video.  Once upon a time when I was a wee child, I went to Disneyland with my family.  We decided to go watch the aforementioned show.  Bad idea.  This was no ordinary show.  It's not just the 3D, things popping out right in front of your face kinda of show, hence the 4D part of the title.  This show interacts with the audience:  squirts water at your face when some one sneezes, blows air on you when the dog is sniffing you, and (right here is the cause of this fear) blows air at your feet when little micey are running around.  Now, I cannot have my feet down during movies/uncovered when I go to sleep.
#2.  From the above listed fear I'm sure you can assume my next fear.  Mice.  I hate those little creatures with all of my being!  Hamsters, I can handle.  Gerbals, I can handle.  Guinea Pigs, I can handle.  Rats, I used to be able to handle until my teacher in 7th grade put one on my shoulder and it climbed behind my neck and got stuck in my hair.  Different story...  Anyway, mice, I cannot handle.  This fear started again when I was a little child. I was living in Diamond Valley and we had mice in our house.  I was watching TV with my cousin and we saw a mouse run across the floor in front of the TV.  Both of us ran into the office and did not come down from standing on the desk and chair for a good long time. 
#3.  Wooden roller coasters.  Now, I'm not the type of girl who is scared to ride roller coasters and other thrill rides.  I really love them actually.  But I am not the biggest fan of wooden roller coasters, especially the really old white one at Lagoon.  That's how this fear came about.  Once when I was walking into the park, I saw blots dropping from that old white coaster track and from then on, the wooden ones have always made me nervous.  Despite my fear, I still ride wooden roller coasters.  Most of the time it's because I have someone with me who wants me to go and I cannot look afraid to ride the roller coaster, while inside I'm freaking out a little to myself.  Overall I end up enjoying them once I've completed the ride and realize that I didn't die though.  I guess my fear adds to the thrill? 

No comments:

Post a Comment