Wednesday, July 25, 2012

#16. Greatest Accomplishments

20 Til I'm 20:  #16.  Describe your 3 greatest accomplishments.

I think that of one my greatest accomplishment thus far in my life would have to be getting my Associate Degree at 17.  I started the SUCCESS Academy program at 15 years old and spent only 1/2 of my school day at Dixie High School and I spent the other half at Dixie State College taking college courses.  It definitely was not an easy thing to make it through, as any one who was in the program would admit but it was definitely worth it in the end.  Along with getting a degree I also made some of my best friends and some great memories.  Plus, how many people can say that they graduated with a college degree before getting their high school diploma?  Pretty sweet.
Another one of my greatest accomplishments is kinda silly but I'm proud of it.  My senior year I was the SUCCESS Academy student body president and as a student council/student body we wanted to have a dance for SUCCESS but the head woman in charge was 100% against it for so many ridiculous reasons that I won't go into detail of on here because thinking about them still makes me somewhat angered.  So anyway, a couple of my friends and I plus the rest of the student council decided we were going to have a dance anyway.  $0 to spend and no support from the administration plus trying to keep it all hidden -- It was not an easy task.  But we pulled it off.  Using everyone's resources we had a dance (my favorite dance of senior year, by the way) and it was a huge success (haha success).  The administration didn't find out about it until the day before it happened (minus a couple trusty members who I knew would keep the secret).  We called it the Stress Ball after SUCCESS Academy's beloved "Stress Academy" nickname.  We ended up making money with this dance and used it at graduation to buy gifts for the admin.  Even the ones who didn't support us.  Stick it to the man!
Lastly, I think that surviving my summer in New York is up there with my greatest accomplishments.  I went into detail about that in a previous post so I won't do it again but I must say that the fact that I didn't die or quit that summer is a huge accomplishment in my eyes and I'm proud of myself for that. 
To all of you dear people still reading all these blog posts.  Thank you.  I'm impressed because I don't know if I would read them all if I weren't the one writing them.  So thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Dacy Dacy!! I'm still reading them so please keep going!! I quite thoroughly enjoy them and half the time read them out loud to Liz. :)

    ReplyDelete